The debt collectors keep calling. The letters keep piling up. If things continue this way, you are going to lose your home, your business or your sanity. Time to put an end to your debt!
First Things First: Ignore The Myths About Bankruptcy
At Hughes Financial Law, our Sacramento bankruptcy attorneys hear one of the following statements almost every day from people throughout Northern California:
- "I don't qualify for bankruptcy because of recent changes to the law."
- "I can't file bankruptcy because I'll lose everything I own."
- "I can't file bankruptcy because it will permanently destroy my credit score."
When we ask people where they heard these things, they often tell us that they know because a friend of a friend tried filing bankruptcy. Even if you have these concerns because someone you know personally filed bankruptcy, here's an important question: Who handled the bankruptcy filing? Was it a law firm that brings a combined total of more than 75 years of experience to these cases? That's what we offer.
This isn't something we do on the side. It's our focus. Our lawyers can tell you exactly how bankruptcy will impact your life. You may be surprised to learn that the only thing you have to lose is your debt. There's no debt too high, no opponent too tough for us.
Bankruptcy Should Not Be One-Size-Fits-All
As you are learning about bankruptcy, something that is important to remember is that it should not be one-size-fits-all. A good attorney should know to consider all chapters of bankruptcy, as well as alternatives, in order to do what is right for you.
We will consider all of the available chapters of bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: This is the most common form of bankruptcy. Those who qualify can receive a one-time discharge of all unsecured debts.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy: This form of bankruptcy allows medium-sized and large businesses to restructure their finances and regain control of financial destinies.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: Often referred to as wage earner's bankruptcy, this form of bankruptcy allows people to eliminate debts through a debt repayment plan.
Free Consultations | Debt Relief Attorneys | Why Not Call?
The only thing standing between you and a debt-free future is a single phone call: 916-485-1111. We will provide a free consultation and tell you about your options. You can also contact us online.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.